- CO, CO2 and O2 Measurement Specifically for Case Ready Meat.
- High Resolution 0.001% O2 & CO for Low-Ox.
- 100.0% O2 and CO2 Range for High-Ox.
- MAP Headspace Analyzer With Lo-Ox and Hi-Ox Capability.
- Sealed for Line Environments Industrial NEMA-4 Design.
- Cordless Operation . 6 Hours (900131) or 16 hours (900132).
- Fast and Easy to use . Test measurement in 15 Seconds.
- Stable, Trouble-free Infrared CO2.
- Unique Lo-Ox and Hi-Ox E-C O2 sensors for unmatched accuracy.
- Compact (6 x3 x3 ), lightweight, and rugged.
Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP)
is a technique used for prolonging the shelf life of fresh or minimally processed foods. In this preservation technique the air surrounding the food in the package is changed to another composition, often by first vacuuming the air out and then injecting a gas. This way the initial fresh state of the product may be prolonged. It is the shelf life of perishable products like meat, fish, fruits and vegetables that will be prolonged with MAP since it slows the natural deterioration of the product. MAP is used with various types of products, where the mixture of gases in the package depends on the type of product, packaging materials and storage temperature.
MAP use has grown exponentially since the 1970's because it:
- increases sales by satisfying growing demands from consumers for naturally preserved food quality resorting to without additives and preservatives
- increases shelf life quality in the distribution chain by days or even weeks, which increases the availability of fresh food to consumers
- reduces the return of spoiled foodstuffs
- enhances production efficiency and distribution by cutting costs
- increases sales volumes by enabling new products to be offered on new markets
When you are producing a MAP product you need a quality way to KNOW the correct gas levels are being achieved. MAP portable gas analyzers are used to measure the modified atmosphere gas levels inside product packages. Oxygen, CO2, or CO/CO2/Oxygen gas levels are measured using a sample needle inserted into the package headspace. Sample is drawn for an operator settable sample time through a sample line, measured and readings are held on the display until the next sample cycle is called by the operator. Bridge analyzers may be operated off line power, or by an internal battery pack that provides up to 6-8 hours standalone operation (16 hour battery power is available as an option.)
The following models include a soft case, sample needle, sample line, 2 each 25mm filters, internal battery pack, wall charger and manual. The model number link will take you to the individual unit specifications.